In BATTLESHIP, your goal is to find and sink your opponent’s ships before all your ships are sunk.
Play Battleship at Pogo
Badges for This Game
Battleship Tips & Hints
- The FIRE button won’t show up until you’ve placed your shots. Once you have placed your shot(s) your fire button appears in the place of your shots left marker, at the top of the game screen, in the middle.
- To earn the Battleship Bomber badge (sink 2500 Battleships), sink all available opponent’s ships (the badge requirement is not just “Battleships”, but ships of any kind, including any reinforcements) as quickly as possible and get on to the next game. Double browsing allows the player to sink all 5 in about 2 minutes or so.
- When you get the robot down to only one ship just start firing in random spots to build up your rank. If you are really lucky you will still have 5 or 4 ships to its one. Please do not use this trick on real players, unless you are both building ranks.
- You will see the “X”s that are dropped by the plane. That is where the Power ups are. Choose those areas each time to get the power ups you need to win. Get two power ups in one turn and you get heat seeking missiles, that helps a great deal.
- If you are playing to earn rank progress against a bot, do not play with power-ups. You’d like to be able to miss as much as possible before the game ends, and if the bot has power-ups, he will find your ships quickly.
- For fastest ranking, check out the tips in the Battleship thread, especially #61 which outlines a way to maximize shots fired.
Secret Battleship Badges
Battleship Bomber Badge
Sink 2500 Battleships to earn this badge.
(This badge initially was being awarded after 2500 sunken ships — of any kind — so you may want to work hard to earn this badge before they fix it!)
Terrifically Tenacious Badge
Miss 50000 times to earn this badge.
Powerups are unlocked at the following ranks:
Rank 5 – Skipper Powerup
Rank 15 – Harpoon Powerup
Rank 25 – Attack Squadron
Rank 35 – Tomahawk Powerup (Only Active if you have very few ships remaining!)
|2||Seaman Apprentice 2||300||325|
|5||Petty Ofc 3rd Class||650||1950|
|6||Petty Ofc 3rd Class 2||650||2600|
|7||Petty Ofc 2nd Class||650||3250|
|8||Petty Ofc 2nd Class 2||650||3900|
|9||Petty Ofc 1st Class||1300||5200|
|10||Petty Ofc 1st Class 2||1300||6500||
|11||Chief Petty Ofc||3250||9750|
|12||Chief Petty Ofc 2||3250||13000|
|13||Sr Chief Petty Ofc||3250||16250|
|14||Sr Chief Petty Ofc 2||3250||19500|
|15||MC Petty Ofc||3250||22750|
|16||MC Petty Ofc 2||3250||26000|
|17||CMC Petty Ofc||3250||29250|
|18||CMC Petty Ofc 2||3250||32500|
|19||FMC Petty Ofc||3250||36750|
|20||MCPO of the Navy||3250||39000||
|21||Chief Warrant Ofc 2||3250||42250|
|22||Chief Warrant Ofc 3||3250||45500|
|23||Chief Warrant Ofc 4||3250||48750|
|24||Chief Warrant Ofc 5||3250||52000|
|31||Rear Admiral LH||3,250||74,750|
|32||Rear Admiral RH||3,250||78,000|
|34||Rear Admiral 2||3,250||84,500|
|36||Vice Admiral 2||3,250||91,000|
|40||Fleet Admiral 2||3,250||104,000||
|41||Naval Commendation Medal||3,250||107,250|
|42||RVN Campaign Medal||3,250||110,500|
|43||RVN Staff Service Medal||3,250||113,750|
|44||Legion of Merit Cmdr||3,250||117,000|
|45||Saudi Liberation of Kuwait Medal||3,250||120,250|
|46||RVN Special Services Medal||3,250||123,500|
|47||Distinguished Flying Cross Medal||3,250||126,750|
|48||RVN Civil Actions Medal||3,250||130,000|
|49||RVN Wound Medal||6,500||136,500|