The Pogo Insider for January 16, 2017 is up, and here are the topics it covers:
- Sneak peek of Thursday’s Mini Release: “January Freeze” (shown above).
- Great feedback on last week’s question about chat. Players like chat on the side, many players use chat to keep up with their badge stats, and Pogo players like to read chat and help out in chat.
- The first Badge Marathon of 2018 will begin on Friday! It’ll be in Pogo Sudoku, Aces Up HD, Jewel Academy, and Jet Set Solitaire.
- Monday’s Mahjong Escape Daily Challenge was supposed to be for Poppit. Pogo is looking into compensation for the power-ups players used.
- Upcoming game updates: Jewel Academy getting 40 levels at the end of January, Cookie Connect: 40 new levels in February, Jet Set Solitaire: new levels planned.
- New games coming soon: World Class Solitaire HTML5 soon, Vanishing Trail (new HOG) soon, A Way with Words (new word game soon), Crossword Cove HTML5 in the future. More new stuff is listed here.
- Q for Pogo: What is the difference between HTML 5 and Java and Flash? How do you tell the difference and why does this matter for Pogo games? Can you still play them if they change? A: HTML5 is a different programming language and HTML5 games will be available even after browsers discontinue Java and Flash.
Leave a comment below with your thoughts and reactions to this week’s column.